Monday, May 10, 2010

My View on Co-Sleeping: Oh No, You Can't Sleep Here

I just had my husband drag the toddler out of our bed. He wanted to go to sleep with us instead of sleeping in his own bed. Part of our lovely routine of Omega trying to avoid going to sleep. I know there are a lot of people trying to decide whether sleeping with your baby is the best or worst thing to do. I do not have an opinion about whether it is best for the kids. I certainly have an opinion about whether it is best for me. I tried it when I was nursing my first. I have heard how fabulous it is to nurse the baby and get as much sleep as possible. Um, except I could not sleep. I didn't even get the precious hour or two of sleep between feedings. It was a combination of worrying about the child, not being able to move into comfortable positions while sleeping, not having enough room in the bed, worrying about waking up the kid, getting kicked, and more. I did not like it. I did not get more sleep. The baby/toddler/kid would sleep in their own room. And that was all I needed to know it was not for me.

1 comment:

christinemm said...

Just seeing this now (way late).

This makes total sense, if you can't sleep with a baby or toddler in your bed then co-sleeping makes no sense for you!