Saturday, August 22, 2009

I Did Some Reading

During my absence (which I may or may explain in a little bit), I was able to read, read, read.

I had bought a number of books for Hanover (10) that she hadn't cracked open yet. Since I had been feeling very disconnected from her reading of late (she's so fast and devotes so much time to it that I don't have time to read all of the same things she does). So I decided to read some of those.

Here's the list: Fablehaven book 1 and 2 (OK--fantasy adventure with similar setting to Sisters Grimm without being nearly as funny), Griffin's Castle (theme was about belonging and involved a little too deeply disturbed main character), Bartimaeus Trilogy Book 1: the Amulet of Samarkand (clever dialogue, interesting story, and unique point of view), Twilight, and New Moon.

2 comments:

Shez said...

Funny, Ben said exactly the same thing about Fablehaven. Both kids really enjoyed it though.

I've almost given up keeping up with my kids. I just can't read everything they read, everything I need to read and everything I want to read.

Kim said...

The Sisters Grimm was so funny that even my husband would laugh out loud read it.

I have too much I want to do to read all of the books Hanover reads. I miss being able to talk to her about them.