Sunday, June 14, 2009

Clothing Fail

I bought Bamm Bamm, the 18 month-old a whole summer wardrobe (trying to be prepared) at about the end of April. I wanted to be prepared in case we had an early summer. Of course I only bought enough to get through one week and I did buy a couple of long pants and two long-sleeved shirts. Of course, the little monster had to have a growth spurt! Now the tops are just a bit snug around the belly, but the shorts and pants cannot be buttoned. Slowly I've been collecting the next size up. I can't bring myself to throw out the shorts or pants he's only worn twice.

Filed under 'you're damned if you do and damned if you don't.'

3 comments:

Diane said...

Tell me about it Kim! I have pretty much done the same thing for my 2 year old son. I just can't believe how quick this year has gone though.

I started to collect some clothes for my boy and what I did buy doesn't fit him now and we are off on holiday soon. Not to mention that I haven't had time to kit myself out with some summer clothes!

I've just been having a quick look around for some summer sales so I can grab a few items for us both and came across a site called Great Universal, they seem ok but haven't really shopped with them before. You can take a look at their summer collection if you click here. I'd love to know what you think.

Brad Williams said...

My wife makes pants for babies and tots that are baggy and can be worn for multiple sizes/years, see smartiepantsbaby.com. Yes this is spam, sorry. :-)

I bought the chemistry book you mentioned a few weeks ago, my four-year-old and I have enjoyed talking about some of the pictures, thanks for the review.

christinemm said...

Buying ahead is dicey business. Especially with fast growing boys.

Plus this summer is supposed to be cool and rainy. So that throws a monkey wrench into it.