Friday, May 01, 2009

Homeschooling Tip

Get yourself out of the house without the kids preferably doing something only for yourself--grocery shopping only counts marginally. I have a hair appointment (which also only counts marginally since it is a requirement for me at this stage instead of a straight-up indulgence) and a book club meeting. Book club is wonderful. I am part of a real-world book club with a number of lovely ladies and a virtual book club. Both offer a wonderful nudge to do something which I can share with smart women whose opinions I love learning and where I get a chance to exercise my own brain on something other than lesson planning and choosing curriculum.

2 comments:

Dana said...

Sigh. Grocery shopping without the kids seems like a luxury. The only time I get without them is while they're in homeschool gym and I put the little ones in childwatch.

But I can't complain. I love homeschooling and part of why we do it is my husband's insane schedule. But sometimes a bit of time alone would be nice!

Kim said...

I am very fortunate that we live close to my husband's work, he doesn't have to travel much, and he's willing to give up working on the house to watch the kids.

I know so many women whose husbands work long hours, or commute a long distance, or who travel frequently.

I hope you get some time to yourself soon!

Even though I get to out a lot, it would be even better to have time at home alone. Maybe sometime!