Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A Little Red Book about Getting Your Period

As the mother of a tween girl, it is never far from my mind that my daughter is beginning puberty. She could even get her period in the next few months. My husband's family has a history of starting at 10! From 5 Minutes for Mom, I just read about "My Little Red Book."

My daughter knows that she could get her period anytime from this year to three years from now. The idea is exhilerating for her (being closer to 'grown up') and scary (not knowing how, when, or what to expect). I love the idea of a book that is an anthology of many different girls' stories and experiences with their first period.

If it sounds intriguing to you, then head over to the link and enter a comment and you could win a copy of the book.

Update: I just realized that I didn't point out that this book is NOT to give to girls. Some of the stories have language or situations that may not be appropriate. Some of the stories can be shared, but by no means all.

1 comment:

Shez said...

Kim, this is a very opportune post for my family as our 7 year old daughter has started precious puberty. We have an endocrinology appointment this wednesday. However, I am starting to prepare her incase things aren't halted.

At least now we know why she's been moody and weird for the last year. We kept on joking that she appeared to be premenstrual. Now I wish we'd bitten our tongues. There was too much truth in that jest.