Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Imitation is the Sincerest Form of Flattery?

I am just shocked at how much my oldest imitates me. It's like having my own Mini Me. Usually I notice any poor parenting choices way more after I see her practicing on her little sister. And then sometimes I get to see her make some really good choices. I hope they really are her own and not just to placate me. It shouldn't be much of a surprise that she also internalizes the attitudes hubby and I use with each other. Other moms have known this stuff forever. Now that Hanover is 9, I see it happening more frequently and more obviously.

1 comment:

Rational Jenn said...

I'm playing catch up with my blog reading and just saw this post. I have to say I feel your pain--my oldest is my Mini-he-me. It's good because I can relate to him so well. Bad, because it means I must be a very annoying person! :o)