Sunday, December 28, 2008

What We Got for Christmas

I hope everyone had a great Christmas. What did you all get?

I finally got husband to agree on an upgrade for the family camera. I had three requirements: long zoom, movie mode with at least TV/VGA quality, and 8 MP or more. I got the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ28. So far the only thing I do not like is that I have to use their software to remove the pictures from the camera and that the pictures are stored on the camera without any organization. My old camera grouped photos into folders based on the timing of the pictures (sessions of pictures would be in a single folder--which was awesome for organizing) and the camera itself just connected like any other USB removable storage device. I also got a Sidewinder, and some much-needed cables for my PDA.

I got a watch, a bread machine, a Border's gift card, a subscription to Sky and Telescope, and some SD cards for my hubby. The bread machine was a total flop. I thought he would like it because a friend of ours used to bring us fresh bread all the time and it hardly ever lasted three days because he ate it for breakfast and snacks ever day. He pretty much thinks that because it's a kitchen appliance, that I must have bought it for myself.
Hanover's big present was a new digital camera. Her other presents were an iDog Dance for the portable video players they got last year, a set of Calico Critter babies, clothes embellishment craft for fashion doll dresses, some Bella Sara cards, new cheap-o headphones, a Nerf gun, a toothbrush that plays music, an umbrella, and a vintage (read eBay yard sale find) porcelain doll.
Flurpee got a Calico Critter house, an iDog Dance for the portable video players they got last year, a stuffed unicorn, some Bella Sara cards, new cheap-o headphones, a Nerf gun, a toothbrush that plays music, an umbrella, and a vintage (read eBay yard sale find) 22" plastic doll.
Yes, I pretty much get my kids the same things.
The family gifts were new Wii games, High School Musical Sing It with a microphone, Family Party Games (which totally sucks, by the way), Wii Play (with an extra remote), and another remote and nunchuck.
And I just wanted to add this because I used the new camera and because he's just so cute, if I do say so myself.

No comments: