Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Snow Day for Christmas

Here in CT we got a nice storm on Friday. I love taking pictures of my house when it's covered in snow. The snow hides all of the ugliness. I also love that hubby put up the wreaths this year. We skipped most decorating last year. I was worried that a newborn would interrupt the take-down schedule.


It might not seem like a big deal, but it was the front door that I fell in love with when we first saw the house.

Our house is at the bottom of a gentle hill with just enough work done to keep the front door at ground level to create a small hill in our front lawn. It's enough to allow us to sled right in our yard.

Here's Filthy Little Monster's first ride. And his reaction! Isn't hubby a great daddy? Notice who's going down the hill with a freezing butt and who is holding the camera.


video


Here is Flurpee learning how to steer.


video


Hanover is thrilled with sledding as fast as she can.


video

Hope your Christmas is Merry and Bright!

1 comment:

christinemm said...

I don't blame you as your front door is beautiful!

Fun sledding. Thanks for sharing.

We have lovely snow and fog right now and I really should get out there and snap some photos but I'm lazing around in my PJs still. LOL. This winter so far every time is snows I'm lazing inside and not taking photos. Letting myself down as I snap so many photos regularly!