Saturday, September 06, 2008

Girls Vs. Boys

Actually, it's penises versus vaginas, but I really didn't want that as my title. I got to hang out with a new group of moms who have a lot more experiences with boys. This is stranger territory than I ever imagined. I was well educated about some of the penile-related complications. I am so glad these moms shared their experiences, because penises are much more complicated than I'm used to dealing with. The final verdict: vaginas--be nice to your vagina, and it'll be nice to you; penises--they don't cooperate, they get in the way, they can be very unpredictable.

6 comments:

Rational Jenn said...

Too funny! And yes, I would agree with the analysis. As the mom of a boy, there have certainly been some eye-opening moments for me!

LB said...

Practice your straight face now, Kim. When they suddenly discover its...um...special properties (like it floats, for instance), things are never quite the same!

Myrhaf said...

As a penis-American, I feel discriminated against.

Kim said...

Myrhaf, I'm so sorry that you're saddled with such a burden. I feel I am a more understanding vagina-owner now.

Suddenly, all of those insults like "don't be a dick," "he's such a prick," and "schmuck" make so much more sense!

Apparently penis-management is more like a journey than a destination. And that probably goes for women just as much as men. Ha! Get it? Penis manipulation is a goal! And I mean manipulation in terms of skillful or artful management, you pervs!

Myrhaf said...

Here's a true story a roommate once told me. A woman's daughter was jealous of her brother because he had a penis. The mother told her daughter, "Don't worry, he only has one. When you grow up, you can have as many as you want."

Kim said...

Ha! Today he did 'discover' something down there! He's been having some really bad diaper rash, so every diaper change now involves a lot of time sans diaper while I apply a lot of rash ointment. Well today he realized that something feels different down below and he reach right down and gave his boy-parts a good squeeze--and then proceeded to bawl his eyes out. Apparently there's a learning curve in being gentle with your equipment.