Thursday, June 12, 2008

Homeschooling Tip--Equipment

A great pencil sharpener is amazingly satisfying. I bought a pencil sharpener for $10 and it would take forever to sharpen a pencil. My husband, who must understand that saving a few dollars on the initial purchase is nothing compared to good quality, brought home a $20 sharpener.


Wow! After using it, I had to have one for the downstairs as well. I exclaimed to someone that I just loved sharpening pencils. He looked a bit puzzled. The more I tried to explain why, the more puzzled he looked.




Sometimes it really is the little things in life.

2 comments:

LB said...

A horse! A horse! My kingdom for a horse!

When homeschooling, I often feel like Richard III in my quest for a sharp pencil.

Love the picture, too.

Kim said...

I'm prepared in very few things, but I happen to love pencils--and now pencil sharpeners. There really is nothing more annoying than your kids actually ready to do work and I don't have the necessary pencils! I can't believe how many I go through. I bought 50 at the beginning of the year and 60 two months ago. Of course, I could go through so many because the kids like to sharpen them!