Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Yippee!

I didn't realize the seminar announced on NoodleFood wasn't land-locked. It uses a conference call so even us poor rubes in the suburbs of a suburb of an urb can participate.

The seminar will move slowly, for the good of us slow people, go through Objectivism: The Philosophy of Ayn Rand by Leonard Peikoff. I tried this once on my own and got really frustrated by the time I reached Chapter 3. And it only costs $15. Perhaps that will help with my feeling of not-doing-enough-philosophically.

If it works out and is helpful, I'll sign up for the Introduction to Objectivist Epistemology, too. Then I can finish the Fountainhead, read Ominous Parallels, and really and truly massive The Objectivist newsletter collection we have. Perhaps after that, I'll actually know something!

No comments: