Monday, April 07, 2008

I've Received the Summons

Jury Duty. Dreaded words.

Actually it's not so bad. This is the second time I've been asked to show up since moving to Connecticut ten years ago. I got a letter from New Jersey when I was in college but couldn't make it because it was during the school year. My biggest concern is the children. It is likely that I wouldn't be picked to serve on a jury anyway (I'm betting that most people get dismissed), but if I were picked, I'd really be up a creek without a paddle. I don't think my husband could really justify taking vacation days to care for the children and I don't have relatives nearby. They do not give an option on the form for an exemption because of children. Yes, I do believe that primary care-givers (women or men) who want one should have an exemption because of having children if those children are under twelve and not already in care. My date is something like May 12th.

No comments: