Monday, March 31, 2008

The Last Person on Earth...

to use eBay must be me. I didn't want to sign up for a PayPal account because I had always figured that if a store couldn't be bothered figuring out how to use a credit card, I didn't think they were developed enough for me to trust. I did sign up for PayPal in order to pay for my daughter's history course, History at Our House, and now I've discovered the great joy that is eBay. Not truly a 'great' joy, but boy did I score some great items already. My eldest daughter's birthday is coming up at the end of April and, due to her love of Nancy Drew, she's chosen to receive spy-themed gifts. Those are easy to find, with the exception of a trench coat! She was adament that she needed one and eBay came to the rescue.



2 comments:

LB said...

Nope. Now I'm the last man standing. I don't use eBay because I am a Luddite. Okay, not really, but I just like to touch things before I buy them and am apparently willing to pay a pretty premium for the privilege! Of course this does not apply to the thousands of dollars I've spent at Amazon - go figure.

E must have the Lost Files of Nancy Drew book?
http://www.amazon.com/Lost-Files-Nancy-Drew/dp/0448446472/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1206980523&sr=8-1
V loves it!

Kim said...

No--but I just put it in my Amazon shopping cart. She's been asking about more Nancy Drew books.

Buying from only pictures (sometimes from someone who doesn't even know what's important to include) can be challenging. Sometimes pictures just hide how cheap something is!