I announced my pregnancy a really long time ago--and guess what! I'm still pregnant. Eight days overdue and still counting. I'm still debating about going for an induction, although recently leaning towards just doing it. I'm still fairly comfortable--I can sleep OK (at least better now than when the baby finally arrives) and still getting around. The baby, however, is BIG! He measured 10 lbs on the ultrasound and he's only going to get bigger. I am nervous about needing a c-section if we decide to induce, but I'm also nervous about needing a c-section if I wait. Scheduling the induction also means that I can line up my parents to take care of my girls while I'm in the hospital.
My other two girls were all natural (planned and unplanned) and I think I'm going to epidural it this time. Someone was trying to talk me out of it (just like I probably did to some other poor mother at some point) and for the life of me, I just can't imagine why I wouldn't go for the epidural. I know why I didn't the first time--scaredy cat! Long needles, spines, possibility of having too much medicine and not being able to walk aferward, not enough medicine and it not taking, being under constant monitoring so you can't walk around, spinal headaches--yadda, yadda, yadda. All good reasons--but I think I'll definitely consider it this time around.
Same thing with the induction--natural isn't necessarily all it's cracked up to be!