Thursday, August 16, 2007

Fifth Objectivist Round Up




Welcome to the August 16, 2007 edition of objectivist round up. There are a number of great contributions this week. Wonderful insights to great sense-of-life posts are found here.


Ergo presents Why Choose to Live? posted at Leitmotif, saying, "Is the choice to live a pre-moral choice? If so, then why should anyone ought to choose life? I attempt to offer an answer to these questions."

Nicholas Provenzo presents Hillary Clinton’s Uncle Ellsworth posted at The Rule of Reason, saying, "Hillary Clinton’s Uncle Ellsworth"

joetab24 presents My Thoughts: The Economics of Work posted at My Thoughts, saying, "An objectivist view of the economics of teaching"

Rational Jenn presents Parenting With Objectivist Principles: Honesty posted at Rational Jenn, saying, "This time, I considered different ways my husband and I demonstrate and promote the virtue of Honesty to our kids."

Flibbert presents Define Discrimination posted at Flibbertigibbet, saying, "This week it's far less swearing and cursing, but only thanks to the mountain of self-restraint I keep piled up around my computer. Apparently there's a church in Texas that won't do funerals for gay men, but they don't call it discrimination. But as usual it's not the hate and discrimination that bother me, it's the dishonesty."

Myrhaf presents Long Day posted at Myrhaf, saying, "I'll go with this post about making music since it's positive, whereas my other posts are about politics -- which is always negative!"

Kim (that's me) presents A Surprise in a Bit of Tawdry Gossip posted at Kim's Play Place, saying, "I think this view is a bit of fresh air from the entitlement mentality of a lot of people."

That concludes this jam-packed, full of information and good bits, edition of our carnival. Submit your blog article to the next edition of objectivist round up using our carnival submission form. Past posts and future hosts can be found on our blog carnival index page. If you are interested in hosting drop me a line.

No comments: