Friday, June 22, 2007

Yet Another Reason I Don't Like Amusement Parks

Girl's feet severed on ride.

I have an irrational fear of amusements that are disassembled and reassembled in parking lots and I'm afraid of heights, too.

UPDATE: The girl is having surgery.

The girl's feet were completely amputated just below the ankle Thursday afternoon while riding the Superman Tower of Power at Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom in Louisville.

Her feet were recovered by Six Flags staff and were sent to the hospital with her, McLean said.

I hope they have a medical staff at that park. I would hate to think that some poor ride operator had to find the feet and pick them up. Since her feet went to the hospital with her, I wonder if reattachment is possible.

UPDATE 2: There are no updates on the girl's condition as of Saturday, June 23rd.

UPDATE 3: The investigation into the ride is complete, but no news of the girls outcome. Kentucky.com is still reporting on the incident.

UPDATE 4: The girl is in stable condition. The family will not disclose if her feet had been reattached. If they were able to reattach, I wonder what the likelihood of the reattachment's succes is. If not very high, they may not want to say in case it fails.

UPDATE 5: The right foot was reattached, but not the left. Everything is looking good for now.

No comments: