Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Audio books are my life!

Well, my current schedule is quite hectic during the day. We get out of the house at 8:25 AM to drive the 25 minutes to get Victoria to her Montessori kindergarten. We drop her off and drive back home. We then leave at 2:25 PM for another 25 minutes drive to pick her up. That give us almost two hours in the car everyday. During that time, we listen to a lot of audio books.

I like the audio books. It allows us to gain some knowledge and entertainment while we're in the car. I don't have to worry about car-sickness (don't even get me started). I am much more knowledgable about what Elisa is listening to and learning (sometimes I even pause the CD in order to explain something). I can ask comprehension questions.

We've listened to Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Dragon Rider, Inkheart, Geronimo Stilton (an unsuccessful attempt to interest my kindergartener in listening), The Miserable Mill, The Austere Academy, Pollyanna, Junie B. Jones, Amelia Bedelia (really loses something when it's read without pictures), Nancy Drew in The Bungalow Mystery and the Hidden Staircase, The Legend of Sleepy Hollow, and, most recently, Midnight for Charlie Bone.

I have already checked out Charlie Bone and the Time Twister for when we've finished the first. There are six books in the Charlie Bone series. Nice series to explore while waiting for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows.

No comments: