Wednesday, April 20, 2005

iTunes Experience

I started shopping at the iTunes store just before Easter.  I found some great songs for the kids Easter Egg Hunt party.  I also decided to pick a few songs for myself.  When I looked up one of my favorites, there were a lot of different versions.  I only wanted the radio-play version.  I listened to the samples.  Without fail, the samples from obscure songs or sources are completely inadequate.  Most of them were only the first 30 seconds of the song and end even before they get to the singing.  I bit the bullet and purchased THE WRONG VERSION.  Of course it was only a dollar (advertised at $0.99 but they charge a $0.01 tax—of course no idea where that money goes), but if I went back and tried to download each song until I got to the right one it could cost $10.  I searched the Apple website for ½ an hour before I discovered that there is a) no phone number and b) you have to sign up for Mac account to even send them e-mail.  Of course, I wrote something and there has been NO response.  None, zero, zip, zilch, nada.  Non-responsive customer service in this case means NO CUSTOMER!  Good-bye, iTunes!

No comments: